September’s resumption of the U.S. Highway 50 Echo Summit Bridge Project will replace the bridge to meet current structural safety standards.
HIGHWAY 50 CLOSURE AT ECHO SUMMIT TO BEGIN MID-SEPTEMBER
- UPDATE: The Echo Summit bridge is scheduled to reopen to traffic early Sunday, September 27, five days ahead of schedule!
- One-lane traffic will start again on Monday, September 28, to demolish a pier on the old bridge and finish barrier wall work. Daytime one-way traffic control is expected in the next few weeks to finish the project. Plan ahead for traffic delays.
- One-way traffic control is scheduled for U.S Highway 50 to start, Sunday, September 13, 2020 – 24/7 for bridge demolition work of the existing structure.
- Full closure of U.S Highway 50 over Echo Summit is scheduled for September 18 – October 2, 2020.
- The construction zone will extend from the Caltrans Echo Maintenance Station, east for 1.2 miles.
- During this construction period, take advantage of the alternate route through El Dorado and Amador County. Learn more here. Remember to practice safe social distancing and wear a face mask when traveling and visiting Tahoe.
- Press Release
- CHP video on Facebook
- To stay updated via social media follow @Way2Tahoe on Facebook and Twitter.