Operation Sierra Storm, National Weather Conference, January 28 – 31, 2019
WHAT IS OPERATION SIERRA STORM?
Leading National Weather Conference
• A cutting-edge meteorological forum and seminar for network television meteorologist from around that country
• Featuring leading scientists and experts discussing newsworthy topics, trends for today and the future
• A combination of on-going education, networking opportunities and live-broadcasts make OSS an industry leader.
Opportunity to Conduct Live Satellite Weathercasts
• Live broadcasts from host ski resort: Heavenly Mountain Resort, which is Tahoe’s largest ski resort located on the South Shore of Tahoe
• Satellite truck, network experienced producer and crews
• Interview opportunities with conference speakers and area representatives
Expand Your Professional Knowledge
• Presentations/Ongoing Education – American Meteorological Society Certified Broadcast Meteorologists and Sealholders earn professional development points for attending
• Network with peers and experts
Tahoe South Host Site
• “America’s Best Ski Destination” (USA Today, Jan. 2014) is the headquarters for a non-stop lifestyle, world-class outdoor skiing, recreation, restaurants, entertainment and gaming all within a few hundred yards
• Host hotels are all within a two block radius walking distance of conference sessions and ski resort