Updated August 11, 2020
Effective July 13, 2020, ALL counties in California must close indoor operations in these sectors:
- Dine-in restaurants
- Wineries and tasting rooms
- Movie theaters
- Family entertainment centers (for example bowling alleys, miniature golf, batting cages, and arcades)
- Zoos and museums
- Additionally, bars, brewpubs, breweries, and pubs must close all operations both indoor and outdoor statewide. Unless they are offering sit-down, outdoor dine-in meals. Alcohol can only be sold in the same transaction as a meal.
El Dorado County is NOT currently on the County Monitoring List but will see additional closures if it is added. More information.
State Health Officials announced on June 18, Californians must wear face coverings when they are in the situations listed below:
- Inside of, or in line to enter, any indoor public space
- Waiting for or riding on public transportation or paratransit or while in a taxi, private car service, or ride-sharing vehicle
- Working in or walking through common areas, such as hallways, stairways, elevators, and parking facilities
- While outdoors in public spaces when maintaining a physical distance of six feet from persons who are not members of the same household or residence is not feasible.
- Persons who are engaged in outdoor work or recreation such as swimming, walking, hiking, bicycling, or running, when alone or with household members, and when they are able to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others
- Persons who are seated at a restaurant or other establishment that offers food or beverage service, while they are eating or drinking, provided that they are able to maintain a distance of at least six feet away from persons who are not members of the same household or residence
- Full details of situations: https://abc7news.com/
Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak has announced a new state mandate requiring individuals to wear a facial covering or mask while in public.
The directive also exempts some categories of individuals from the requirements, including:
- Children under the age of 9
- Individuals experiencing homelessness
- Anyone who cannot wear a face covering or mask due to a medical condition or disability, or cannot remove a mask without assistance. Individuals are instead encouraged to wear alternatives, such as face shields, but won’t be required to “provide documentation verifying their condition.”
- Anyone who is incarcerated
- Individuals for whom “wearing a face covering would create a risk to the person related to their work”
- Anyone who obtains a service that would require removal of the mask to access their face or nose
Individuals at a restaurant or other establishment to eat or drink, provided they are at least six feet away from other patrons
- Anyone engaged in outdoor work or recreational activities, such as swimming, walking, hiking, bicycling or running
- Leisure travel is now allowed in both Stateline, Nev., and South Lake Tahoe, Calif.
- The majority of lodging properties are open throughout South Shore with new protocols and procedures in place. It is recommended to understand those policies prior to arrival and plan accordingly. Please contact accommodations directly for information and availability.
- Tahoe South Deals and Lodging.
- In Stateline, Nev., onsite indoor dining, with 50 percent maximum seating capacity, tables, or customers seated a minimum of 6 feet apart, are open. Bar tops and bar areas remained closed, but bar beverages may be served at tables. Customers waiting to dine must wait outside and maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance. Many establishments may require advance reservations.
- In South Lake Tahoe, Calif., indoor dining is not allowed. Outdoor dining with distancing, to-go, delivery, and curbside service is open. Bars, pubs, brewpubs, and breweries, may operate outdoors if they are offering sit-down, outdoor, dine-in meals. Alcohol can be sold only in the same transaction as a meal. Breweries, distilleries, and wineries not licensed to serve food may offer curbside delivery or home delivery.
Tahoe Recreation Areas Update
- Heavenly Mountain Resort is open with the Heavenly Gondola and Tamarack Express Chairlift*; hiking trails; Ridge Rider Mountain Coaster; Grab ‘n go food and drink options at Café Blue and Tamarack Lodge; and Tamarack Express Chairlift targeting to open July 15, *date subject to change.
- All California and Nevada State Parks are open to day-use only (includes parking and restrooms).
- Van Sickle Bi-State Park is open.
- Forest Service trailheads, beaches are open. Nevada Beach, Pope, Kiva, Baldwin Beaches are open with parking and facilities. Forest Service Recreation Sites Status Map
- Desolation Wilderness, Meiss Country, and other backcountry areas are open for day use.
- California State Parks campgrounds are beginning to open. More information.
- Camp Richardson is open including services at the Beacon Bar and Grill, General Store, Ice Cream Parlor, Marina, and Mountain Sports: facebook.com/CampRichardson.
- Round Hill Pines Beach Resort is open to day use with services at the outdoor restaurant and beach bar, and marina: facebook.com/roundhillpines
- Zephyr Cove Resort is open: www.zephyrcove.com
- California Tahoe Conservancy sites are open with restrooms or porta-potties.
- Forest Service Camping and Campfire Restrictions
- What is open in Tahoe
- Fireworks banned in the Lake Tahoe Basin.
- Tahoe Care Tahoe lake-wide effort encourages the following tips to keep all healthy and safe while traveling including go big on distancing, masks matter, plan to change plans, no germs or anything else left behind, expect closures and sniffles, stay home.
- Be Safe, Respectful While Enjoying the Outdoors
- Nevada Governor Sisolak mandates wearing masks in public: The Nevada Independent
- California issues statewide order on June 18 to wear face coverings in high-risk settings: ABC News
- City of South Lake Tahoe Press Release
- Opening across state lines: CBS Sacramento.
Local Public Health Departments
Barton Memorial Hospital: Information; Barton’s COVID-19 Clinical Health Line at 530.600.1999